Thomas de MARNE & Valérie FRISON
winemaker In 2023, Thomas de Marne will succeed his mother Valérie Frison
Grape varieties : 93% pinot noir, 7% chardonnay
Surface Winery : 6 ha
Annual production: 15,000
We tell you about the Winery
Valérie Frison cultivates 6 hectares of vines in Ville sur Arce, a village on the Côte des Bar in the south of Champagne. Pinots noirs occupy 93% of the surface and chardonnay occupies the remaining 7%. The vines have been grown organically since 2003. Val' offers them a respect and attention that allows them to express the typicity of the terroir, criteria linked to their age and the characteristics of the year. A lot of care is given to the vines in order to harvest grapes of a beautiful maturity. Moreover there is no year's blend, each cuvée is a reflection of the season. The first vintages were vinified in 2007, barely 4,000 bottles, to gradually reach today 15,000 bottles produced.
The wines are aged in barrels on the lees of fermentation. The alcoholic fermentation is done naturally thanks to the indigenous yeasts and the malolactic fermentation is done spontaneously.
SO2 is used in reduced doses and in a reasoned manner. During the disgorging process, the wines are not dosed (no liquor is added) and they do not receive any sulfur.
Since 2018, Thomas de Marne, Valérie's son, has returned to the family Winery to initially manage the winemaking under supervision and without since 2020.